Company Name: Lambuilt (Pty) Ltd
Address: 224A Julius Jeppe Street, Waterkloof, 0181
Telephone: (012) 771 6771
Fax : n/a
Lambuilt Building System is constructed from precast monolithic blocks comprising various dimensions. The blocks are stacked and locked using mild steel angle irons between precast reinforced concrete columns (100 mm× 100 mm) in a section, effectively forming reinforced walls.
The concrete blocks are available in the following dimensions:
- Regular blocks – 880 mm wide × 100 mm thick × 415 mm high
- Half blocks – 880 mm wide × 100 mm thick × 207 mm high
- Tapered blocks – 880 mm wide × 100 mm thick, tapered length from 207 mm to 415 mm
- Ridge blocks – 880 mm wide × 100 mm thick, side heights 207 mm and centre height of 415 mm.
The columns are available in the following dimensions:
- Long column – 100 m wide× 100 mm thick × 3 112 mm high
- Short column – 100 m wide × 100 m thick × 2 490 mm high.
The certificate covers the use of Lambuilt Building System in all areas of South Africa for the erection of single-storey buildings for occupancy classes set out below (SANS 10400: Table 1 of Regulation A (20) (1)):
- places of instruction (A3);
- moderate and low-risk commercial service (B2 and B3);
- low and moderate risk industrial (D2 and D3);
- hospitals and clinics (E2 and E3)
- large shop (F1);
- small shop and wholesaler’s store (F2 and F3);
- offices and day clinics (G1); and
- hotels, dormitories, domestic residences and dwelling houses and related outbuildings (H1, H2, H3 and H4).