Company: Guy Bright (Pty) Ltd
Tel: (0512) 297 0926/1326
Address: P O Box 3109 PIETERSBURG 0700
The Locktite Block Building System consists of:
- conventional cast in situ concrete strip foundations and surface beds, with foundation walls of modular, drystacked Locktite blocks filled with cement-stabilised soil (or concrete where required in certain positions), or cast in situ
- concrete surface bed with thickened edge beam foundations and thickened below internal walls;
superstructure walls of Locktite blocks drystacked in stretcher bond; perpends and all the cavities in the units are filled with cement-stabilised soil; the walls are plastered and exterior surfaces painted; core columns are formed where specified by filling vertically aligned voids with concrete instead of cement-stabilised soil;
- ringbeam constructed of two courses of hollow concrete masonry blocks that are inverted and filled with concrete and continuous horizontal steel reinforcement;
- conventional roof construction and covering, the roof construction anchored to the reinforcment in the ringbeam.
This Mantag certificate covers the use of the Locktite Block Building System in selected areas in all climatic zones of Southern Africa for the erection of simple, single storey buildings for the following uses:
- detached houses and ancillary free-standing buildings such as toilets
- non-residential school structures (classrooms, cloakrooms, administration, assembly and storage facilities)
- primary health-care facilities, with a maximum floor area of 300 m2.
Mantag certificates are a distinct type of Agrément certificate, based on acceptable safety and health criteria for houses and related outbuildings, non-residential schools and primary health-care facilities, in areas where the local authority is of the opinion that the type of construction is appropriate, given that in these areas it is of paramount importance that buildings be erected at the lowest possible cost.
If the conditions of this Mantag certificate are complied with, Agrément South Africa is of the opinion that the Locktite Block Building System will be fit-for-purpose, and can therefore be regarded as complying with the functional requirements related to safety and health contained in the National Building Regulations.In general, however, Mantag criteria permit a lesser level of performance than would be expected from buildings erected in accordance with the deemed-to-satisfy rules contained in SABS 0400-1990, The application of the National Building Regulations.