Company: Isofoam (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd
Tel: (011) 425 9200
Address: P O Box 12189 BENORYN 1504
Space Frame Construction System walls are constructed using lightweight, three-dimensional welded wire frames, with or without a central core of polyurethane foam insulation, which are plastered to form continuous wall surfaces.
Concrete floor slabs or surface beds with thickened edge beams that form a stiffened raft, or conventional concrete strip foundations with masonry foundation walls and conventional surface beds, are used. Ceilings and services are conventional. Roofs are normally conventional.
This certificate covers the use of the system in all areas of Southern Africa for:
- the conversion of NE51/6 and NE51/9 detached houses into two storey dwellings
- the construction of non-loadbearing infill panel walls in conventional buildings and in single storey buildings of the following types:
- non-residential school buildings (A3)
- offices (G1)
- industrial buildings (excluding those where the manufacturing processes produce aggressive chemical fumes) (D2 and D3)
- hostels (H2)
- detached (H4), semi-detached (H3) and row houses (H3) with their usual related outbuildings.
- Note: The occupancy classes given in Table 1 of Regulation A20(1) of SABS 0400 of 1990 have been attributed to the types of buildings covered by this certificate and are shown in brackets above.
The system may be used for buildings up to three storeys high provided that the structural design of the buildings is the responsibility of a professional engineer.