Company: kwena ya sebeletrading enterprise cc
Tel: (018) 467-5006
Address: Wonder Homes
The Wonder Panel system consists of:
- external and internal wall panels of mild steel sheet that encapsulate a lightweight foamed mortar for insulation purposes; the panels are connected with steel connecting bars inserted into slots in the adjacent panel;
- cast in situ concrete surface beds with thickened perimeter edge beams and mild steel anchor rails;
- conventional timber-trussed roofs covered with steel or fibre-cement roof sheeting.
This Mantag certificate covers the use of the Wonder Panel system in selected areas in all climatic zones of Southern Africa for the erection of simple, single storey buildings for the following uses:
- detached houses and ancillary free-standing buildings such as toilets;
- non-residential school structures (classrooms cloakrooms, administration, assembly and storage facilities).
However, the use of this system is not recommended in coastal areas within 5 km of the coastline.
Mantag certificates are a distinct type of Agrément certificate, based on acceptable safety and health criteria for houses and related outbuildings and non-residential schools in areas where the local authority is of the opinion that the type of construction is appropriate, given that in these areas it is of paramount importance that buildings be erected at the lowest possible cost.
If the conditions of the Mantag certificate are complied with, Agrément South Africa is of the opinion that the Wonder Panel system will be fit-for-purpose, and can therefore be regarded as complying with the functional requirements related to safety and health contained in the National Building Regulations. In general, however, Mantag criteria permit a lesser level of performance than would be expected from buildings erected in accordance with the deemed-to-satisfy rules contained in SABS 0400:1990, The application of the National Building Regulations.