Company: HIAC GROUP OF COMPANIES
Tel: +27(0)12 335 0320
Address: PO Box 23116, Gezina, PRETORIA, 0031
The House-In-A-Can Building System is a combination of innovative and conventional construction methods. It is a single storey structure that comprises:
- foundations: cast in-situ concrete surface bed and thickened edge beams which in all cases are designed by a professional engineer or competent person.
- columns: 125 mm x 75 mm x 3 mm rectangular galvanised steel hollow sections at 2565 mm centres.
- 100 mm thick lightweight interlocking sandwich in-fill panels comprising a polystyrene beaded concrete core with a
- density of 650 kg m-3, encapsulated in two layers of 4,5 mm thick magnesium oxide sheets.
- light gauge structural steel roof trusses with.
- light or heavyweight roof cladding and
- insulated ceilings
- Windows are “clisco” type frames and doors frames are out of galvanised pressed steel.
services are conventional